A solar PV water pumping system – commonly known as a solar pump – draws power from solar cell / modules to operate a motor pump set. Solar power pumps use specially developed and energy efficient motor pump sets to achieve higher discharge which off sets the high initial cost. A solar PV water pumping system consists of a number of solar PV modules connected in series – parallel combination to generate sufficient power to operate a motor pump. The solar PV modules are mounted on a metal frame in a manner that the mounting frame can be turned / tilted to ensure that the modules keep facing the sun throughout the day. The system does not have any storage battery since power generated is used directly then and there. The SPV array converts the solar energy into electricity which is used for running the motor pump set. The pumping system can draw water from the open well / bore well or stream / pond or canal.
Types of Solar Power pumps:
SPV water pumping system uses the SPV array mounted on a stand and includes one of the following motor pump sets compatible with the PV array.
- DC surface pump ( centrifugal ) or floating pumpset
- AC surface or submersible pump set
Centrifugal pumps are suitable for areas where water is available at shallow depths such as open wells / stream / ponds / canals etc. They are driven by a DC motor. The total head is 14 m and maximum suction head is 7m. Better performance in the form of higher water output can be achieved when the suction head is kept at the minimum.
Submersible pumps are recommended where water table is available at higher depth ( more than 14 m ). It is highly efficient and rugged multistage pump. Pumps can be conveniently placed under water so as to lift water from up to 50 m depth.
Potential for Use:
SPV pumps are more suitable for remote areas with no or unreliable grid or as an alternative to diesel pumps. Some of the most popular applications are :
- Drinking water supply for small habitations
- Horticulture farms, orchards, vineyards, gardens and nurseries
- Agro forestry and plantations
- Dairy, poultry and sheep farm
- Aqua culture, fish farming
We are partnered with Sun Bright Energy Solutions , leaders in Solar water pumping solutions. We offer Solar Water Pumping solutions for Agriculture, domestic rural and remote village water requirements.
Our solution is unique that we provide Schneider Solar VFD which is a combination of inverter ,MPPT and Variable Frequency Drive exclusively developed for Solar PV water pumping system that will connect PV panels & pump.
- Will give maximum torque even at minimum sunlight
- AC induction motor speed is directly proportional to frequency so altering ac motor speed with VF drive protects the AC motor even at low voltage
- The pump can run at lower speeds when less power is available and at higher speeds when rated power is available Our Solution includes Mounting structure with Dual Axis tracking system.
- Dual axis tracking system is designed to produce up to 45% higher energy when compared to fixed tilt installation.
- It is optimized to follow the exact position of sun throughout the day
- The sun position is calculated using a almanac based sun positioning algorithm which is fed into the microprocessor and rotates the panels accordingly.
- Annual Energy Increase: up to 45% Array level tracking
- Accuracy : +/- 0.3° Range of Motion: +/- 60° from zenith & 0° to 360° azimuth (Limits applicable as per the site coordinates)
- Tracking Method: Astronomical based time-derived positioning with back tracking and Shade Avoidance
- Technology. Wind Withstanding : 160kmph or 44.4m/s
|S.No||Item Description||2 HP||3 HP||5 HP||7.5 HP|
|1||Pump Rating in HP||2||3||5||7.5|
|2||Pump Rating in Kwp||1.5 Kwp||2.25Kwp||3.75Kwp|
|3||Proposed solar array power||2 KW||3 KW||4.8 KW||6.3 KW|
|4||Solar VFD Rating||2.2 Kwp||4Kwp||5.5Kwp||5.5Kwp|
|5||Mounting Structure||MS Hot dipped galvanized Dual Axis tracking||MS Hot dipped galvanized Dual Axis tracking||MS Hot dipped galvanized Dual Axis tracking||MS Hot dipped galvanized Dual Axis tracking|
|6||MCB||DC 600 V 16 A||DC 600 V 16 A||DC 600 V 16 A||DC 600 V 16 A|
|7||Cable||2.5 Sq MM||4 Sq MM||6 Sq MM||10 Sq MM|
|8||Enclosure||IP 66||IP 66||IP 66||IP 66|